Through after-sale product engagement, businesses can use purchased products to strengthen their customer relationships.
What is After-Sale Customer Engagement?
Customer engagement has followed a fairly predictable trend, focusing on pre-sale engagement. But what if customer engagement didn’t stop after the initial sale?
- Sending out targeted recommendations.
- Providing detailed care and maintenance instructions to ensure a product lasts a while without diminishing in quality.
- Following up post-sale with questions and helpful advice.
- Helping your business build a reputation as a brand that cares even after the sale.
- Onboarding: The IoT device registers that the guitar is not tuned and then provides the customer with a guide on tuning the guitar. The customer then begins to play their tuned guitar. When finished, they store the guitar on a stand near a sunny window.
- Real-Time Maintenance and Care Instructions: The IoT device recognizes that the guitar is being stored in an area that’s too hot and dry, which will eventually cause it to crack. The customer receives a smartphone notification from the app, sharing this information and moves the guitar away from the window and out of direct sun. The guitar knows it’s happy and sends a “thanks” to the customer.
- Relevant Product Recommendations: The customer plays the guitar, and racks up hours of enjoyment. The guitar sensor recognizes this and sends a notification to the customer with information about the best replacement strings and information about polishing the body and oiling the fretboard. The customer immediately purchases the replacement from the brand and waits for its arrival.
- Advanced Post-Sale Guidance: The customer reads up on the guidelines provided within the app about preserving the life of their guitar, learns about proper storage like loosening strings and laying the guitar on its back, and is excited to improve.
After-sale customer engagement is a revolutionary strategy that will help customers fully enjoy their purchases and build meaningful relationships with their brands. From a business perspective, it can significantly improve customer retention rates, increase sales, bolster reputation, and more.
Technology has changed how products are bought and sold, why shouldn’t it change the way they are enjoyed? From here, after-sale customer engagement will only grow. As the best in the industry know — an opportunity only knocks once.
Ken Rapp, founder and CEO of Blustream, recently joined an episode of The Next CMO podcast, where he discussed the benefits of after-sale customer engagement. Listen now to learn how businesses can connect with customers following the sale and the impact it can make on revenue, referrals, and more. Listen to the Next CMO Podcast