Effective May 25, 2018
By using Blustream products, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described in this Privacy Statement.
Our Commitment to You:
- We will be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
- We will provide you with the option to opt-out of Blustream collecting and processing your personal information and/or Blustream sharing your personal information with third parties.
- We will use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect the following personally identifiable information:
- Email address/User name
- Contact information
- UDID (Unique Device Identifier)
We require this personally identifiable information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, internal record keeping, to improve our products and services, and to periodically send you informational emails or other communications which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. Blustream Corporation is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Anonymous User Information
The Blustream Services automatically collects certain information that does not personally identify End Users who access or use mobile applications that use the Services. This information includes, but is not limited to, device state information, device hardware and OS information, information relating to how an application is functioning and certain information relating to how you use our application and services.
Geolocation App Data
Apps powered by Blustream technology and/or services may ask for location data and/or access location permission (Android apps may ask for precise location (GPS and network-based)). This allows the app to enable scanning for, connecting to, and maintaining a reliable Bluetooth connection with any Blustream technology and/or IoT based device, even when the app is in the background or not in use.
This allows Blustream to provide the optimal experience for our customers and end-users to ensure any Blustream technology and/or services (Including apps) can reliably connect with other Blustream or approved partner technology and/or IoT. We do not share, track, store, or access any geolocation data beyond the Zip Code and/or country that a user may provide when creating an account.
How We Use Information We Collect
Opting Out From Blustream Collecting, Processing or Sharing Your Personal Information
You will always have the option to opt-out of Blustream collecting and processing your personal information. You will also have the option to opt-out of Blustream sharing your personal information with third parties.
Selling of Personal Information
We will not sell your Personal Information to any unaffiliated third party.
Use of Personal Information
- When we’re providing a product or service:
We use your data to provide and support a product or service you are using, including but not limited to delivering our Terms of Service.
- When we’re pursuing legitimate interests:
We use your information for our legitimate interests and those of third parties while applying appropriate safeguards that protect your privacy. This means we use information we collect for things such as:
- Offering and improving Blustream products and services
- Developing new products and features
- Understanding how people use our products and services
- Performing research that improves our products and services for our users
- Sending you direct communications from Blustream
- Protecting against harm to the rights, property, and safety of Blustream and our users
- Detecting, preventing or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security or technical issues with our services
- Maintaining and improving the integrity of our computing systems, and protecting our users’ data security
- Enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of applicable Terms of Service.
- When we’re complying with legal obligations:
We process your data when we have a legal obligation to do so, for example, if we’re responding to a legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
How We Share Information We Collect
We use other companies and people to provide Blustream with services and applications for our business and may need to share your information with them. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the company to have in place their own privacy and customer data handling policies and to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, provide customer support or send you communications based on what we think you may find interesting. Such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information, and to adhere to our privacy and data protection policies. You will always have the option to opt-out of Blustream sharing your personal information with third parties.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail to Blustream Corporation, 20 Franklin Street, Worcester, MA 01608, USA, Attention: Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.